Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Oh, what a Month!



My quest for the 31 Days of Pizza [2015] is over.  I am pleased to report that for the 14th consecutive October, I have successfully eaten pizza every day of National Pizza Month, at a different pizzeria, with at least one guest.   I bookended this year's quest in New York City, home of the National League champion Mets #letsgomets

There were many firsts thanks to a Midwest road trip my wife and I took to the heartland in the heart of Pizza Month.  Never before have I eaten crab rangoon on a pizza until I came upon it in landlocked Iowa.  While switching drivers, my wife and I came upon and then posed in front of the exact home where Grant Wood painted his famous American Gothic. We were also able to enjoy pizza styles invented in Detroit, Chicago, and St. Louis in the city of their origin. Take it from me, this is one delicious country!

In all, 113 slices of pizza were consumed at 31 pizzerias with over 48 pizza guests.

Here are links to reviews of all of the pizzerias visited during Pizza Month 2015...


... and I'd like to give a special thanks to my guests who are, individually...(in order of appearance)

Robin Rothman Taylor, James Roberts, Michael McLarnon, Lance Kushner, Helaine Kushner, Jason Sylva, Susan Jackson, Alexander Wahl, Paul Monteau, Matthew Shafeek, Justin Anderson, Zohar Adner, Mike Steinberg, Jacob Raskin, Scott Wiener, Corey Mintz, Sarah Pappalardo, Miriam Weiskind, Brooks Jones, Stephen Ruddy, Shawn Wickens, Ron Palais, Rob Penty, Tom Cairney, Alexis Lambright, Andy, Angela Demanti, Jon Monje, Kara Dudley, Luis Fernandez, Ryan Darden, Jen MacNeil Danenberg, Kevin Danenberg, Annemarie Cullen, Alyssa See, Lorina Ladrillono, Kitzi Taylor, Amanda Xeller, Michael McLarnon, Katie Mardis, George Ury, Melanie Dasher, Bud Dasher, Russ, Annie, Erin Nederbo, Jun Naito, and Erik Tanouye.


Stay tuned to 31daysofpizza.com for the reviews and for the announcement of this year's Slicey Award winners!

No comments: