Monday, October 16, 2023

Day 13, 2023: Emmy Squared (Hell's Kitchen, NYC)

 

exterior
 
DAY 13: OCTOBER 13th, 2023 

LOCATION: Emmy Squared (311 W 48th St, New York, NY 10036)

GUEST(S): Robin Rothman

ORDER: 2 slices of Margherita (red sauce, burrata, basil)

REVIEW: 
Expansion mode. I owe a debt of gratitude to the original Emmy Squared in Williamsburg, Brooklyn for turning me on to Detroit style pizza back in 2016. My love for the crispy fried cheese-edged tomato sauce-rich style has has since deepened with openings of Ace's, Lions, Tigers, and Squares, La Rose, and Jet's. Emmy Squared was my Motown pizza ambassador here in the city, and they're now spreading to the rest of the country. With 27 stores either open or opening (according to their website at the time I am writing this) from New England to Florida, Emmy Squared might consider using a higher exponent! #mathnerdjoke I ate at one of the newly opened Emmy's in Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan. While this outpost lacked the cozy mom & pop feel of the original, I am confident and hopeful that it is only a matter of time before they appropriately staff up, master the dough preparation, and start churning out squares that are as good as the ones that made me fall in love with Emmy Squared in the first place. All of the ingredients are there and I look forward to my next visit to an Emmy Squared nearest me.



PHOTOS:

interior

menu

Day 13

VIDEO:

coming soon


MISCELLANEOUS:
Robin Rothman, Sean Taylor


1. Robin and I rediscovered how much we love Ben & Jerry's ice cream one bite into a pint of Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

Here Lies Love

2. Robin Rothman and I have a friend that couldn't use her broadway tickets and so she offered them to us since she knew we lived in the area. It meant I had to change my pizza plans but it was worth it to see Here Lies Love before it closes. 

RATING:

 3.57/5

  • VALUE:
     3/5

  • AMBIENCE:
     3/3

  • TASTE:
     6.5/10

  • SERVICE:
     2.5/3
15/21 = .714 x 5 = 3.57

No comments: