Thursday, October 2, 2008

DAY 1: OCTOBER 1st, 2008 - DeLorenzo's


DAY 1: OCTOBER 1st, 2008

LOCATION: De Lorenzo's (1007 Hamilton Ave, Trenton, NJ)

ORDER: 3 slices of Italian sausage, 2 slices of clam

GUEST(S): Robin Rothman

PIZZA REVIEW: Trenton Makes, The World Takes... a bite of DeLorenzo's pizza. Imagine the freshest baked pita bread uniformly toasted golden brown and now you can stop imaging. Open your eyes and you have the delicious foundation of a DeLorenzo pizza. This tasty flatbread is all you need to shovel the spicy Italian sausage, secretive family recipe tomato sauce and olive oil drenched mozzarella cheese into your mouth. Do it quickly though! Outside the oven, that cracker hardens rapidly. If you can't finish it in time, offer it to just about anyone in the Trenton area. The locals could probably point you in the direction of two DeLorenzo's before they could direct you to the capital building. Which is great. After all, New Jersey's capital can't compete with good pizza.

MISC.: I celebrated Rosh Hashana with Robin's family. Since I heard it is the Jewish New Year, I stocked up on Manischewitz and made my own New Year glasses. Click on them to see me wearing 'em.


L' Shana Tova!


VIDEO CLIP:


RATING:
3.75 out of 5

  • VALUE:
    3/5

  • AMBIENCE:
    2/3

  • TASTE:
    7.5/10

  • SERVICE:
    3/3

15/21 = .738 x 5 = 3.75

3 comments:

John Beck said...

Hi Sean, I'm John, your waiter at DeLorenzo's. Nice review! Well written. It's nice to see DeLorenzo's being your first stop, I look forward to the reading rest of the reviews. Great job!

John Beck said...

Oh, and thank you for the 3 stars for the service. Much appreciated.

erika said...

YEA! PIZZA MONTH! I'm so excited! I miss sharing pizza with you , Sean. Hearts from California.