Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Day 4, 2005: VIPizza (Bayside, Queens)



DAY 4: October 4th
LOCATION: VIPizza (Bayside, QUEENS)
GUEST(S): Erik Marcisak
ORDER: 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of Sicilian cheese

PIZZA REPORT: VIPerfect Pun. I love the name of this place and the pizza delivers. Delivers as in good taste, VIPizza does NOT deliver pizza (carryout or dine in only). My favorite part of both slices was the cheese mixture. It wasn't exclusively mozzarella, but instead some sort of cheese blend. I am more of a fan of the Neopolitan style versus the Sicilian. The Sicilian slice here (as with elsewhere) tends to be undercooked in my opinion. It makes for a much dough-ier consistentency but also for undercooked cheese. Since the cheese was so good, I didn't mind. The Neopolitan style slice, on the other hand, was a very good representation of a typical 'NY slice' - thin, easily foldable crust, even distribution of cheese, a good amount of sauce, and 9 napkins full of random orange oil. Oh yeah, and it was delicious.
MISC.:
  • Erik Marcisak picked me up from work in his 4Runner and drove me out to Queens to VIPizza. If you look in the background of the photo below, you may recognize 11 Madison Ave (the very building featured in about 20% of submitted Channel 102pilots).

  • Erik and I had a rather candid discussion about "snuff" films. Snuff films are movies that depict the actual murder of a cast member. Although I am unaware that any actually exist, Erik pointed out that footage of terrorists beheading hostages might qualify as might stunt men that die on set (assuming the footage is used). I mentioned that scene in Wizard of Oz where the munchkin hangs himself but Erik said that didn't actually happen.
  • On a lighter note, my niece, Lauren Taylor, learned how to walk today. At 9.5 months, I'd say she's pretty precocious. Here is a short mpg of a mov of some of her first steps...

No comments: