Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Day 18, 2005: Naples 45 (Midtown, NYC)



DAY 18: October 18th
LOCATION: Naples 45 (45 St and Vanderbilt Ave, NYC)
GUEST(S): Jenni Cramer, Ginny Bloom, Colin Gilroy
ORDER: 2 slices of Margharita

PIZZA REPORT: Naples certified! According to the menu, this pizza is the real deal. The sauce is Neopolitan, the oven is Neopolitan, the cheese is Neopolitan and the ice cream is Gelato. Naples 45; this place is aptly named (the "45" is for 45th St...I think). My favorite part is the sauce that tastes so fresh you swear they pulverized the tomatoes seconds before it's placed on their wood fired crust. Speaking of which, the crust (about 30% of the pie) smells and feels like it came hot out of a bakery oven. Due to the thinness and deliciousness of authentic Naples 45 pizza, remember to order a lot of it. I suggest one large per every two people. Also, it's not cheap but, then again, imports rarely are.

MISC.:
  • I think Colin speaks Italian! If he doesn't, he sure does fake it well.
  • Ginny Bloom, who bears a striking resemblance to Natalie Portman, made an appearance on tonight's episode of THE AMAZING RACE.
  • Most people go their entire life without being maced. Jenni Cramer is not so lucky. She has been maced on two separate occasions.
  • All three of my dinnermates had siblings, but all younger. They were their family's role models. I was second born in my family so the responsibility of 'role model' fell on my brother. My "role model" one time bought two extremely powerful magnets off the internet because he wanted to make a frog levitate. This one time was 3 days ago. Last I heard, these magnets had permanently affixed themselves (in the box they came in) to the metal lining in his bath tub. Number of frogs levitated....zero.

No comments: