Monday, October 17, 2005

Day 17, 2005: Lazzara's Pizza (Midtown, NYC)



DAY 17: October 17th
LOCATION: Lazzara's Pizza (38th St and 7th Ave, NYC)
GUEST(S): Silvija Ozols, Kevin Cragg
ORDER: 2 slices of Margharita, 1 slice of Pepperoni


PIZZA REPORT: Tangy tomato trays. The last time I had pizza cooked on a cookie sheet, I was at lunch in my high school in Florida. I liked it there and then but I love it here and now. Lazzara's pizza is made with premium ingredients on a uniquely solid crust in a very hot oven (unlike my high school's ingredients, crust and oven). My favorite part of Lazzara's pizza is the sauce. It tasted a lot more tomato-y than other pizza sauce but I welcomed the change. I was amazed at how stiff the crust remained under the strain of the thick sauce and heavy toppings. The pepperoni slice had shredded spicy pepperoni which really mixed well with the tangy sauce. The Margharita slices had fresh mozzarella cheese which I love and thinly sliced tomatoes which I like (in moderation). Since each slice of the Margharita had about two sliced tomatoes, I achieved this moderation by just picking one off. Although I love the taste of tomato sauce, I have not yet adjusted to the weight and juiciness of an actual sliced tomato as a topping.
MISC.:
  • Silvija Ozols knows Latvian dance and uses a gigantic foam finger to cheer on the New York Mets. I'm proud to say that I was there when she got the foam finger and although it didn't work against the Diamondbacks, I am told it does work against Colorado!
  • Kevin Cragg's knees are feeling better and he has the urge to get back on the ice even though it's likely that is where he hurt them. I don't blame him though. I blame hockey fever.

No comments: