Saturday, October 23, 2004

Day 23, 2004: Sac's Pizza Place (Astoria, Queens)


DAY 23: October 23rd
LOCATION: Sac's Pizza Place (25-41 Broadway, QUEENS)
GUEST(S): Sylvija Ozols, Linda Fessenden, Mica Scalin, Eliza Skinner, Alan Fessenden
ORDER: 4* slices of Pepperoni, 1 Sicilian slice of mushroom

PIZZA REPORT: Queens Coal-fired up! As far as I know, this is the only place to get coal-fired pizza in Queens. It's worth the trip. The coal-fired brick oven crust with just the right amount of sauce on my pepperoni slices was so good. And the Sicilian pizza was huge! It was almost the size of Siciliy (or at least a big map of Sicily). It was cut up into 16 slices and each one of those was gigantic. Can something be gigantic and taste good? Yes. The abundant cheese and the doughy crust were very filling so, in the interest of overall slice quantity desired (OSQD), I just had one Sicilian slice.
MISC.:
  • In like a minute, Eliza Skinner can give herself a professional looking French braid.
  • Mica Scalin has a cable access show called "I Eat NY" and she said she may mention my pursuit for 31 days of pizza in her next show. Stay tuned to this I EAT NY websitefor upcoming airtimes.
  • A recently clean-shaven Alan Fessenden (see DAY 2: OCTOBER 2nd) blocked his sister's view when he was making a crude gesture. He could have chosen to pass up the opportunity to make the crude gesture but some crude gestures are just too crude not to do.
  • Sometimes you hang out with someone and you're not sure it was a date or not, Sylvija Ozols knows the difference.
  • Linda Fessenden can notice a .5" stray thread on a blue polo shirt from across a table...in dim lighting!
  • * I was advised to take the leftover pizza home even though I did not think I would eat any of it. I did though. I had a fifth slice of pepperoni.

No comments: