Monday, October 11, 2004

Day 11, 2004: Mozzarelli's (Flatiron, NYC)


DAY 11: October 11th
LOCATION: Mozzarelli's (38 East 23rd St bet Madison and Park Ave South, NYC)
GUEST(S): Mia Stendahl
ORDER: 1 slice of fresh mozzarella

PIZZA REPORT: Thin - microscopically thin. So thin, I had to support it with two hands. Since it was triangular, it sort of reminded me of the pennants you see flying around at baseball stadiums. This slice didn't have the name of a baseball team though, instead it had delicious sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese. Too bad it was so thin though. I like thin crust on pizza but this was thin in a different way. It reminded me of my days at pizza hut when someone needed a large but gave me the dough for a medium. With a little bit more stretching, it was possible, but the structural integrity of the pizza was compromised. All in all, it was a pretty good tasting slice of pizza.
MISC.:
  • We had this awesome idea of going to a pizza place called La Mia Pizza since it has "Mia" contained within the name, but that place turned out not to exist.
  • Mia Stendahl, who does exist, is learning Swedish and has a friend named Piper.

No comments: