Sunday, October 10, 2004

Day 10, 2004: A & A Pizza Restaurant (Bensenhurst, Brooklyn)



DAY 10: October 10th
LOCATION:A & A Pizza Restaurant (6701 Bay Parkway, BROOKLYN)
GUEST(S): Kristina Sepulveda, Tony Carnevale
ORDER: 1 Grandma slice, 1 slice of cheese


PIZZA REPORT: The power of cheese... Cheese can make or break a slice of pizza. I had two slices at A & A's Pizza and added support to the theory just mentioned. The cheese on the Grandma slice was fresh mozzarella and just a bit of it, whereas the cheese on the plain slice was regular imitation mozzarella and too much of it. I usually like imitation mozzarella cheese, however, the cheese on the plain slice had a sharpness that I found overpowering. The Grandma slice, on the other hand, was perfect. A & A Pizza knows how to make a Sicilian pie. Since a grandma slice, by definition, is primarily sauce, the slight touch of fresh mozzarella enhanced (rather than detracted from) the rich tomato flavor.
MISC.:
  • Bay Parkway, Brooklyn is a long way from my apartment. In order to get there, I took the train from one side of the N train to the other. Normally, this would not have been a problem but I kept falling asleep and waking up during the 1.5 hour ride. When I finally emerged from the subway station, I was rather tired, my neck hurt, and I thought I had entered the twilight zone. Not that Bay Parkway reminds me of the twilight zone, It's just unfamiliar territory and I like the Twilight Zone.
  • Kristina Sepulveda used to live in Sarasota, Florida and knows the details behind the story of Pee Wee Herman's arrest. Apparently everyone else in the theatre (including the staff and other patrons) KNEW the cops were going to bust him.
  • Tony Carnevale and I both like Barq's root beer with pizza.
  • Today the NY Post ran the follow-up article to my date (see day 5 above). Here is a snapshot from the post* date article (* pun intended

No comments: