Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Day 16, 2002: Li'l Frankie's (E. Village, NYC)

DAY 16: October 16th
LOCATION: Lil' Frankie's (1st Ave bet 1st and 2nd st, NYC)
GUEST: Matt Pack
ORDER: 6" Marguerita pizza, 6" Marinara pizza
PIZZA REPORT: Music to my mouth. Lil' Frankie's makes brick oven thin crusted pizza that really makes my mouth water. This place knows that thin crust pizza cannot endure the weight of too many toppings so it puts only the amount necessary. Despite being a miniature version of a regular size pizza, all four slices that made up each of the pizzas were fold-able but not too brittle (another danger of thin crust pizza that Lil' Frankie's avoids). From a taste standpoint, I prefered the Marguerita, but the Marinara had a nice kick to it.
MISC.: Matt told me that he saw a commercial for ESPN basketball featuring Billy Merritt. Isn't that cool? I think it is. I love recognizing people on TV. I'll definitely tune into ESPN now. Maybe I'll even watch a basketball game this year.

No comments: