Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Day 15, 2002: The Pizzeria (W. Village, NYC)

DAY 15: October 15th
LOCATION: The Pizzeria (MacDougal St bet. 3rd and Bleecker)
GUEST: Kevin Hines
ORDER: 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of fresh mozzarella
PIZZA REPORT: New York pizza- nothing more, nothing less. My slice of cheese was a model for wanna-be New York pizza parlors. The size, cheese distribution, and sauce quantity was ideal in both appearance and taste. The Pizzeria's crust, however, is what 'sealed the deal' for me. Not only was it the happy medium between too chewy and too crunchy but the entire circumference of the pie was smooth and even. Sometimes the greatest pies are spoiled by uneven or 'pinched' edges.
While eating the slice of fresh mozzarella, I had a 'misbite' which sent chills running down my spine--but it's difficult and unfair to pin the blame on such a great tasting slice of pizza...so I won't.
MISC.: Today's the Ides of October. Learning from Caesar, I have been on the lookout for friends to betray me all day. Kevin Hines passed the test at lunch, but there are still 8 hours of potential betrayal remaining in this godforsaken day.

No comments: