Friday, October 11, 2002

Day 11, 2002: Famiglia (Midtown, NYC)

DAY 11: October 11th
LOCATION: Famiglia (8th ave bet 43rd and 44th st, NYC)
GUEST: Marian Rosin, Kevin Hines, Erik Tanouye
ORDER: 1 slice of Pizza Margherita
PIZZA REPORT: Los deli-she-oso! The orginal pizza margherita's toppings were designed to resemble the Italian flag...my slice today did exactly that. The basil leaves were green, the fresh mozzarella was white, and the tomatoes were red. I have to admit I was a bit hesitant to eat a slice of pizza so white, as white tends to indicate undercooked cheese. But I went for it anyway and intend on doing it again. I just hope in the future I don't accidently eat a real Italian flag.
MISC.: While Kevin and Erik discussed animated films and Buffy, Marian and I expressed our opinions on the bleak state of our economy. Eventually the conversations converged as talk shifted to the elephant in the room. Turns out, elephants really enjoy Famiglia's pizza.

No comments: