Friday, October 9, 2020

Day 7, 2020: Grimaldi's (Henderson, NV)

exterior
DAY 7: OCTOBER 7th, 2020

LOCATION: Grimaldi's (9595 S Eastern Ave Ste 100, Las Vegas, NV 89123)

GUEST(S): Robin Rothman, Paul Rothman, Lily Rothman

ORDER: 4 slices of pepperoni

REVIEW: 
High Heat, dine-in pizza. Grimaldi's in Henderson, Nevada maybe geographically distant from the Brooklyn original but the high quality ingredients and the trademark coal-fired crust is as New York as Big Apple [pizza] pie. Typically when a classic pizzeria, like Sbarro, starts to franchise out, the quality begins to suffer, however, with over 40 locations, Grimaldi's commitment to their product has remained in tact. I particularly love the spicy hand-cut pepperoni on fresh mozzarella cheese. We took our pizza "to go" since we're in the midst of a pandemic.  Part of a visit to Grimaldi's involves eating pizza fresh out of the oven, listening to Sinatra, surrounded by friends and too much New York City paraphernalia.  I missed that with this visit. My hope is that the brand survives the pandemic which must be taking its toll since premium pizza is more expensive than the average carryout and delivery joint.   Further, in my experience, pizza baked at a high temperature does not travel nor reheat well.  I look forward to a time when I can have my Grimaldi's and eat it too!


PHOTOS:

underside

large pepperoni

day 7

indoor/outdoor bar

Outdoor patio


MISCELLANEOUS:
Sean, Paul, Lily, Robin
1. Robin and I returned from our RV adventure to her parent's house in Las Vegas.  Now, it's day one of our self-imposed quarantine. We eat outside and on opposite sides of their back patio.

fighter jet
2. A fighter jet flew over the highway and I like to think that my in-laws order a flyover. 


RATING:
 4.29/5

  • VALUE:
     4/5

  • AMBIENCE:
     3/3

  • TASTE:
     8/10

  • SERVICE:
     3/3
18/21 = .857 x 5 = 4.29



No comments: