Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Day 4, 2015: Kiabacca Bar (Hell's Kitchen, NYC)





DAY 4: OCTOBER 4th, 2015

LOCATION: Kiabacca Bar (639 10th Ave,  Hell's Kitchen, NYC)

GUEST(S): Lance Kushner,  Helaine Kushner,  Jason Sylva, Susan Jackson, Alexander Wahl, Paul Monteau

ORDER: 1 slice of a 12" Margherita, 1 slice of a 12" Clam Digger, 1 slice of a Return of the Big Mike, half slice of a 12" Bro Heavy, 1 slice of a 12" Conflicted

REVIEW:
Bar pie - in that order. Kiabacca Bar features nearly two dozen top flight craft beers on tap, a full bar, and brick oven pizza that goes beyond the typical pub fare.  Compared to most bars, even the plain Margherita is better than average.  But when in Kiabacca -- which is named after a rare plant that grows in St. Croix and looks very similar to marijuana  -- order the creatively named specialty pies. The thin gas powered Midwest style crusts serve as sturdy vehicles for powerfully flavored topping combinations including hearty meats, garlic, longneck clams, and fresh veggies.  Each make excellent pairings with their top tier beverage selections. Eat all 15 signature varieties and earn yourself an island "round trip" tee shirt. The pies come in two different sizes, personal and 12", but taste so good, that really they both are pretty personal. I recommend coming with a group of people and trying one of every pie. That's what I did and now I'm only five pies away from a tee shirt!

PHOTOS:

Margherita
Bro Heavy
Return of the Big Mike
Clam Digger
Conflicted
A slice of Conflicted
Taps
Pizza Trek
Day 4
Post game pizza
The Menu

MISCELLANEOUS:
1. We won our third game of the fall co-ed high arc softball season. As I get older, my night vision gets worse - fortunately, I never got a ball hit to me in center field.  I closed out the game at pitcher and recorded my first strike out of the season.
2.  Susan Jackson and I would love to one day visit the Statue of Liberty.  Susan's husband Jason went as a child.
3. Alexander Wahl says he has awesome videos and pix on his phone but I won't believe it until I see it.
4. Helaine Kushner always wanted to live in Vermont. Paul Monteau recently got a house there. His kids started skiing when they were 2.
5. Lance Kushner, Paul, and I are all Mets fans and will hopefully attend a post season game.

RATING:

 3.57/5
  • VALUE:
     3.5/5

  • AMBIENCE:
     3/3

  • TASTE:
  •  
  • 5.5/10

  • SERVICE:
     3/3
15/21 = .714 x 5 = 3.57

No comments: