Saturday, October 30, 2004

Day 30, 2004: Posto (E. Village, NYC)

DAY 30: October 30th
LOCATION: Posto (310 2nd Ave, NYC)
GUEST(S): Justin Purnell, Mark Lee, Jarret Berenstein
ORDER: 2 slices of Margherita, 2 slices of pepperoni with fresh mozzarella


PIZZA REPORT: Saved by the ensemble. The fresh mozzarella was bland, the crust was a bit too crispy, the sauce was not too special, but the sum of these parts made for a great pizza; both in appearance and taste. The Margharita slices had fresh diced tomatoes that really added a great texture to the other toppings. I am not sure what was different about the fresh mozzarella cheese but it was missing something tastewise. The pepperoni was similar in that when the relatively average ingredients were combined, the result exceeded the sum of the parts. I prefer the freshly diced tomatoes on Margherita, but I'd try both of them again if the opportunity presented itself.
MISC.:
  • While we were eating, Jarret Barenstein stopped in to say hello. He was on his way to "a thing" but he stayed long enough for me to snap a photo. 
  • Mark Lee knows more about sports arenas and the years they opened than anyone I know.
  • It being the Saturday on the eve of Halloween, Justin Purnell and I were in costume. Justin Purnell was dressed as "Justin Purnell in 8th grade" and I went as Norwegian speedskater, Johann Olav-Koss...

No comments: