Sunday, October 17, 2004

Day 17, 2004: Li"l Frankie's (E. Village, NYC)




DAY 17: October 17th
LOCATION: Lil' Frankies (19 1st Ave, NYC)
GUEST(S): Nate Shelkey, Eliza Skinner, Kitzi Taylor
ORDER: 5 slices of an individual Salemi Piccante pizza (out of 6)

PIZZA REPORT: Important Import. The fresh mozzarella buffalo cheese (Mozzarella Di Buffala) is imported from Italy everyday at Lil' Frankies. Mozzarella Di Buffala truly makes this pizza. I noticed that the Margharita pizza my mom ordered did not appear to have the same cheese as my Salemi Piccante. Too bad for her, too good for me. The cheese is so 'import'ant to the pizza that I recommend asking if the pizza you want to order contains the Mozzarella Di Buffala. You won't be sorry. The combination of the spicy meat, imported cheese, and Italian tomato sauce on the thin wood-burning oven crust was superb. It was like a delicious festival (Festivale Di Delicious?) for my mouth.
MISC.:
  • A woman with a dog offered to take our photo. When I handed her the camera, she handed me the leash to her dog. Before the photo was taken, someone walking by asked me "How old is [the dog]?" New Yorkers rarely open up and speak to me and yet this person did in a matter of seconds! Dogs equal instant talking topics. The woman with the camera chimed in with the answer but I forgot what she said. Judging by the photo, I'd say the dog is around 11 months old.
  • Nate Shelkey and Eliza Skinner went to college together. Well, they went to the same school but Nate was older.
  • Eliza Skinner's sister's wedding announcement to Mr. Weiner was featured on the 'Headlines' segment of THE TONIGHT SHOW. I don't know if was Weiner-Skinner or Skinner-Weiner but either way, it's pretty funny.
  • My mom, Kitzi Taylor, visits me about once a year in New York City. This visit marks the 3rd year in a row her visit has coincided Pizza Month. She's a good sport about always having to eat pizza and hang out with my friends. It was inevitable she would mention something about my past to my friends. This year it wasn't so bad though. My mom told my friends about when one of the neighborhood kids bagged/pants me when I was 5 years old. Apparently, I told on him by running home and saying "Mom...Tim showed my bum".

No comments: