Friday, October 1, 2004

Day 1, 2004: Patsy's Pizzeria (Chelsea, NYC)




DAY 1: October 1st
LOCATION: Patsy's Pizzeria (23rd St and 8th Ave, NYC)
GUEST(S): Kevin Cragg, Sarah Johnson, Terrance Johnson, Jennifer Prescott, Tony Carnevale, Erika Kern, Natasha Levinger, Jen Hammaker
ORDER: 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of pepperoni and mushroom

PIZZA REPORT: Four more slices of heaven. I know that is a lofty claim but even if Patsy’s is not heaven on earth, you got to admit it’s pretty close. Ooh, and keep in mind that it is a chain. Surely the sum of all the Patsy’s Pizzerias in New York City has got to be greater than or equal to heaven. If you need more proof, look no further then the four slices I had today. My first two slices, the pepperoni and mushroom ones, were picture perfect. The cheese, toppings, and basil leaves were distributed perfectly. The cheese slices were each from two different pies. One of them was well done and the other one wasn't. I prefered the one that was well done. This ensures the toppings are thoroughly cooked and also makes the thin coal-fired crust a tad bit crispier.
MISC.:
  • I was happy to see Natasha Levinger and Jen Hammaker but since they were all the way on the other side of the table I didn’t get to talk to them. We didn’t have time to take another photo after they arrived, so I took another one with just them. Here it is: 

  • I already knew Kevin Cragg from improv comedy classes and shows but I was lucky enough to meet two (2) more Craggs today. Kevin Cragg’s sister, Sarah [Cragg-] Johnson and her husband, Terrance [not-Cragg] Johnson joined us for pizza. We had to eat and go rather quickly because most of us went to a one man show called I’M NOT MARK TWAIN starring Stephen [Kevin and Sarah’s brother] Cragg. It was an outstanding show. After this great show, which was after great pizza, I snapped this great picture of my three favorite Craggs: 
  • Before today, I had not seen Jennifer Prescott since our level 4 class with Billy Merritt a couple of years ago. Since then, she has been very prolific; producing 2 screenplays and 1 baby.
  • Tony Carnevale starts a new job as a fulltime writer at VH1 on Monday.
  • Erika Kern and I work for the same company and while we used to work 2 cubicles and a networked printer away from each other, we now work in different buildings but, thanks to advanced technology, can still use the old networked printer.

No comments: