Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Day 22, 2002: Teatro Pizza Creations (Midtown, NYC)

DAY 22: October 22nd
LOCATION: Teatro Pizza Creations (44th St bet. 7th and 8th ave, NYC)
GUEST: Kevin Hines, Erik Tanouye
ORDER: 1 slice of chicken, 1 slice of sausage
PIZZA REPORT: Broadway pizza is a lot like a Broadway play; looks good, keeps you interested, but has some weak parts. Oh man, I missed a great opportunity to say that both are a bit ‘cheesy’. Oh yeah, and the seats weren’t all that great especially for the money you have to pay. But back to the pizza…The slices looked great from outside of the store (they’re on display). The ‘red edges’ actually didn’t result from center-loading but instead served to outline a very enticing pizza pie. Both of my slices had very evenly distributed toppings and cheese. In addition, the toppings actually tasted like they were cooked separately and added afterward (the correct order). Too often, the toppings are cooked along with the pizza taking away from the individual tastes each offers and leaving you with merely an average of the two taste components. The ‘weak parts’ I alluded to in the brilliant analogy at top was the sauce. It had this tangy-ness to it that was a tad overpowering. It’s the same type of tangy-ness that you end up revisiting later if you or someone near you belches. Overall, I must say that I did enjoy both slices and ate them rather quickly. Furthermore, if I am ever in the area with a wad a cash and a hankerin’ to eat in tight quarters staring at mirror images of myself, I might consider getting another slice.
MISC.: I found out that Kevin Hines has skied the Swiss Alps, drunk beer in Germany, and eaten Italian food in Italy. I've done none of these. After the debut of his one-man show, Erik Tanouye fell asleep on the subway again, yet somehow managed to make at least three transfers on his route home last night.

No comments: