Monday, October 21, 2002

Day 21, 2002: Park Pizza (Flatiron, NYC)



DAY 21: October 21st
LOCATION: Park Pizza (Park Av S. bet 24th and 25th st, NYC)
GUEST: Sid Taylor
ORDER: 2 slices of cheese
PIZZA REPORT: Good even still. Ok, it's not coal-fired or brick oven-baked, but it's still quality New York pizza. Happily, both of my slices were very similar in appearance, aroma, and deliciousness. I'm no P.I. (pizza investigator), but obviously these two slices were from the same pie...and what a pie it was! The cheese was spread out evenly, the sauce was hot with small chunks of tomato, and the crust-well, the crust was a tad overdone on one portion but that's just knitpicking. I thoroughly enjoyed my Park pizza today and feel these slices epitomized solid NYC pizza in all ways favorable (and flavorable).
MISC.: Sid Taylor (my dad) is in NYC on business from Saudi Arabia. He ordered pepperoni on his pizza since pork is illegal in Saudi. Never before had I thought of pepperoni as such a symbolic emblem of freedom. I think I'm going to exercise that freedom on my pizza tomorrow.

No comments: