LOCATION: Bellucci's Pizzeria (37-08 30th Ave., Queens, NY 11103)
GUEST(S): Ron Palais, Armando Diaz, Paulie Gee
ORDER: 1 slice of Fresh Shucked Clam Pie (Fresh Oregano, Parsley, Garlic, Lemon, Pecorino Romano, EV Olive Oil & Black Pepper), 2 slices of Vodka-Roni (Fresh Mozz, Pepperoni, Bellucci’s Vodka Sauce, Parmigiano-Reggiano & Black Pepper)
Worth the hype and more! All of the pizza stars aligned when Bellucci’s Pizzeria opened up in Astoria, Queens in 2021. A lifelong pizza-fanatic and innovative chef, Andrew Bellucci spent decades mastering the art from everywhere from Lombardi’s to Kuala Lumpur. Now, his unique recipes and perfectionist work ethic take center stage at a 25 seat red and white pizzeria bearing his name. Slices are available until 5pm, but bring others and order the full pie. Expect huge, perfectly fermented dough that is masterfully crisped, loaded with high quality ingredients that look as good as they taste. Each pie is presented with a cascade of freshly shaved Pecorino Romana cheese which acts as the finishing touch to each Bellucci masterpiece. I recommend getting a traditional signature pie such as the NYC Classic and one of the signature concoctions such as the Vodka-Roni or, if you call two days in advance, the Fresh Clam pie. See you at Bellucci's!
Fresh Shucked Clam pie
slice of Fresh Shucked Clam pie
underside of Fresh Shucked Clam pie slice
Ron Palais, Armando Diaz, Andrew Bellucci, Sean Taylor, Paulie Gee
1. Paulie Gee told a foul story off the top of his head about Yankee's outfielder Aaron Judge. And the New York Post corroborates it.
2. Armando Diaz has a mature and interesting take on rating and voting on things. I think he may be right!
3. Ron Palais goes to New Orleans whenever he can and is looking forward to eating at Paulie Gee's recently opened NOLA slice shop next time he is the area.
Paulie Gee, Andrew Bellucci, Sean Taylor
Andrew Bellucci and his Clam pie
4. As a pizza nut, I was thrilled to meet the amazing pizzaiolo and pizzeria owner Andrew Bellucci himself. In addition, one of my pizza guests, Paulie Gee, is also a pizzeria owner. What an honor to be in the presence of them both!
Game ball, Sean Taylor
5. My Williamsburg Softball Fall League softball team, the GOATs, won our game today 15 to 3...and I got to pitch. I was beyond thrilled and honored when the team captain awarded me the game ball! Since it is the day before halloween, many of us wore costumes...hence my snowman hat. I suppose I should wear that hat more often.
21/21 = 1.00 x 5 = 5