DAY 23: OCTOBER 23rd, 2021
LOCATION: Hoboken Hot House (606 2nd St, Hoboken, NJ 07030)
GUEST(S): Robin Rothman, Jon Bander, Shannon Krowicki
ORDER: 1/2 slice of cheese, 1/4 slice of pepperoni, 1/2 slice of Sicilian, 1 slice of Hot House (Tomato sauce, sausage, pepperoncini, hot peppers, onions, fresh mozzarella & olive oil)
A lucky find. Hidden in plain sight in Southwest Hoboken is the Hoboken Hot House Pizzeria and possibly your new favorite slice joint. I recommend at least one simple plain slice - which is anything but “plain.” The sauce to cheese to crust ratio is ideal for a quintessential New York street slice and yes, the crisp oversized crust is perfectly foldable. You could take it to go but with plenty of outdoor seats including a spacious garden out back, I recommend you order it fresh (ie “hot”) and eat it there (ie in “house”). BYOB or grab an ice cold soft drink from the cooler to pair with your gas-powered deck oven slices. I also recommend the Sicilian square. No need to dance it up with any fancy toppings because the thicker-yet-light twice-baked crust, cooked sauce and herb-infused melted cheese blend provide more than enough flavor. If I lived nearby, I’d have pizza parties in the Hot House backyard surrounded by the resident birds and squirrels. Sure the noises of the unrelenting city may permeate this tranquility but they won't ruin your mood or appetite. Check out the Hoboken Hot House for a nice slice of life.
Small Hot House pie
Sean, Jon, Shannon, Robin
1. Jon Bander is in the middle of managing a stand up tour around the United States driving as much as 8 hours a day traveling city to city.
2. Shannon is a musical improviser that performs at a show called Musical Megawatt on a team called Meryl.
3. Shannon trusts Siri and the internet more than Bander.
4. Shannon loves animals including the squirrel friend that joined us while we were eating outside in the back of Hot House.
5. Robin Rothman and I took a NJ transit bus out and Path back. We were all over New Jersey's mass transit system.
- SERVICE: N/A
15.5/18 = .861 x 5 = 4.31