Friday, October 26, 2007

Day 26, 2007: La Pizza Fresca (Flatiron, NYC)



LOCATION: La Pizza Fresca (20th Street and Broadway, NYC)

GUEST(S): Terry Jinn, Maddy Mako, Tony Carnevale, Jen MacNeil, Kevin Danenberg
ORDER: half of a Margherita, one fourth of a Funghi
PIZZA REPORT: La Italian name for la good reason. La Pizza Fresca prides itself on serving authentic Italian pies. It even has the Neopolitan seal of approval for authenticity. Having never been to Italy, I must say that La Pizza Fresca makes me want to book a flight tomorrow. Looking around the table I could see that some pies differ more than others. I went the traditional route and had the Margherita. The cheese was fresh mozzarella, the sauce was made with San Marzano tomatoes, the crust was hand sculpted and cooked in a wood burning oven to perfection. I loved it. It also came with complete olives on it but they were easy to remove. The Funghi mushroom slice I had was pretty good too.
ATMOSPHERE: Clean, classy, and comfortable. La Pizza Fresca's owners keep the place looking sharp. White table cloths, fancy dishes, fine wine, an imported wood burning oven and a well dressed wait staff are a few of the nice touches that qualify La Pizza Fresca as a great date place. It's not cheap ($20-25/pie with tax and tip) but it's a lot less than a trip to Naples and La Pizza Fresca is the next best thing.
VERDICT: 4 out of 5 
MISC:1. Jen MacNeil writes a blog where she endeavors to do a new thing every day until she turns 30. Terry Jinn, Maddy Mako, Tony Carnevale, Kevin Danenberg, and I were all witness to Jen's new thing #215. I even videotaped it!
2. More dating advice courtesy of me. I really should probably not give dating advice.



No comments: