Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day 10, 2007: John's Pizzeria (Midtown, NYC)



LOCATION: John's Pizzeria (44th St near 8th avenue, NYC)
GUEST(S): Andy Butterworth
ORDER: 2 slices of sausage, 2 slices of cheese
PIZZA REPORT: Dear Johns...I love you. Your coal fired brick oven crust shimmers golden brown with the slight bit of grease from your melted shredded mozzarella. Your crust is so firm and toppings so mouthwatering it makes me want to spend eternity with you and no one else! ...Johns?...hello?...Oh well, his tomato sauce was tasty but I tend to prefer pizzas that offer me fresh mozzarella anyway.
ATMOSPHERE: Johns Pizzeria midtown exists in an old cathedral. If you don't believe me, look up. The ceiling is about 40-50 feet high and adorned with stained glass. Johns has changed some things, however. The pews are gone and I seriously doubt the pair of coal fired brick ovens were there back when. And while there is no confessing, there are plenty of folks professing just how great Johns pizza is. With such a large bit of real estate, located in the heart of theatre district it's no wonder it costs a bit more (~$15-17 w/o alochol), but it's worth it...amen.
VERDICT: 4.5 out of 5 
MISC:1. Andrew Butterworth and I eat pizza really fast in the video.  I guess it's time lapsed but still, if you were there, you would see just how fast we ate it.

No comments: