Friday, October 7, 2005

Day 7, 2005: Patsy's Pizzeria (Murray Hill, NYC)


DAY 7: October 7th
LOCATION: Patsy's Pizzeria (34th St and 3rd avenue, NYC)
GUEST(S): Maddy Mako, Michael Jeffrey Cohen, Alan Fessenden, Jen McNeil, Amanda Allan
ORDER: 4 slices of pepperoni

PIZZA REPORT: Good pizza down pat-sy's. I downed half a large pizza in minutes. My favorite part of the pizza is the coal-fired crust but every other aspect is in a close tie for second. The spicy pepperoni is hand cut and curls up slightly around the edges when placed in the superheated oven. I love that. The cheese is fresh mozzarella and, if I'm not mistaken, the sauce is imported from Italy. Despite the fact the sauce travels half way around the world, the cooks spread it on plenty. Patsy's knows how to churn out perfect pizzas at an extremely fast rate. Most dine in pizza places take too long to go to for lunch but not Patsy's. You can come in, sit down, give your order, get your order, eat your pizza, and leave in under an hour and never feel rushed.
MISC.:
  • I ate lunch with a good portion of the improv group Butter so it was both fun and funny. If you haven't eaten food with a group of improv comedians, I highly recommend it.
  • I wore my one multicolor business casual shirt with French cuffs today. Thing is, it only looks decent when worn with a tie. So I wore a tie. If you look closely, you'll see a half-windsor knot. I learned how to do it today at work by looking it up on the internet. Here is my guide in image format

    Maybe the half-windsor is [k]not for you. If so, there are other knots you can try.
  • Maddy Mako and Amanda Allan like nail salons and recommend them for everyone...including guys.
  • Michael Jeffrey Cohen is moving to Astoria, Queens (my neck of the woods). Hopefully he will let me know if he finds any places in the neighborhood that serve Chicago Style hot dogs. Afterall, he lived in Chicago for a long time.
  • When someone is on verge of a sneeze but can't quite bring it out or hold it back Jen MacNeil says "fish" to the person. In her experience this either stops the sneeze or brings it out. In addition, Jen has a cure for the hiccups. Ask the person a very strange specific question, such as "What did you eat for breakfast last Tuesday?" and somehow that does the trick.
  • Last night, I randomly bumped into Amanda Allan on the subway train. This morning, on the way to work, I randomly bumped into her on the subway again. And now, I not so randomly bumped into her at lunch. Wonder when I'll see her next...
    [*} Alan Fessenden is a vegetarian but the guy can cook!

No comments: