Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Day 26, 2004: Park Pizza (Flatiron, NYC)


DAY 26: October 26th
LOCATION: Park Pizza (Park Ave South at 24th St., NYC)
GUEST(S): Andrew Butterworth
ORDER: 2 slices of cheese


PIZZA REPORT: Rushin' Roulette - Park Pizza does a brisk business, particularly during lunch. These guys churn out pizza at such a rapid pace; there is no time for precise placement of toppings and uniformity around the crust perimeter. I got two slices of cheese presumably from the same large pie but looked very little alike. It is sort of like roulette in that looking around I noticed some people got perfect looking slices. I didn't. Not that it mattered though. Thanks to quality ingredients, they all taste pretty good. One of my slices had red edges (red sauce stains out on the crust beyond the cheese line) and a bubble in the middle while the other had substantially more cheese on it. By the end though, they probably looked pretty similar all chewed up in my stomach.
MISC.:
  • Andy Butterworth is teaching himself the piano. He's also my roommate so sometimes he'll be practicing and it sounds so good that I swear someone left a piano cd on.

No comments: