Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 7, 2013: Gianni's (Monterey, CA)





DAY 7: OCTOBER 7th, 2013

LOCATION: Gianni's (725 Lighthouse Ave, Monterey, CA)

ORDER: 3/4 of a mini Margherita

GUEST(S): Robin Rothman

REVIEW:
Family friendly pizzeria with a little bit of everything.  Gianni's offers a spacious exposed brick dining area with seating options conducive to post little game celebrations, a nice family dinner, a quick bite with a friend, and even a date - provided it's a longterm relationship.  The fun, self-serve casual atmosphere is the main event but the food's not bad either.  My margherita pie came loaded with sliced fresh-from-the-vine tomatoes, diced basil, and loads of creamy mozzarella cheese.  The sturdy, deck-oven thick crust easily withstood the weight of the toppings and providing the perfect vehicle to get the flavorful toppings into my stomach where they belong.  I recommend spicing up the crust with some  of the many condiments provided to satisfy your own taste preference.  If and when I go back, I need to remind myself not to drink so many Dr. Peppers from the bottomless fountain drink machine.

PHOTOS:




MISCELLANEOUS:
1. While in Monterey, Robin Rothman and I stopped by Cannery Row - made famous by the novel by John Steinbeck of the same name.  He's my favorite author.  I think the place has changed a little since the novel came out.  I don't remember any mention of Bubba Gump shrimp Co.
2. We intended on already being in San Francisco but were waylaid by the beauty of the Big Sur.  Even when there's fog, there is stunning beauty.





RATING:
 3.47/5
  • VALUE:
     3/5

  • AMBIENCE:
     3/3

  • TASTE:
     6.5/10

  • SERVICE:
    N/A 0/0

12.5/18 = .694 x 5 = 3.47

No comments: