Saturday, October 11, 2003

Day 11, 2003: The Pizzeria (W. Village, NYC)


DAY 11: October 11th
LOCATION: The Pizzeria (McDougal St and W. 3rd St, NYC)
GUEST(S): Kevin Hines
ORDER: 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of pepperoni


PIZZA REPORT: Quintessential NY pizza. This had all the looks and taste of typical, non-coal-fired, neopolitan NYC style pizza. The large slice, thin uniform crust, oil puddles, ability to be folded (foldability), well-distributed toppings, and good taste are among these components. The crust had absolutely no taste, however. I'm not sure if that means I'm supposed to put garlic, oregano, red pepper, or pepper on the crust or if they just cooked the taste right out of it. I'll gladly go back and investigate.
MISC.:
  • My pizza date in Hartford, CT fell through so it was Kevin Hines to the rescue. I arrived back in NYC at 8pm, called Kevin and told him I had 4 hours to get some pizza. He rallyed, met and ate with me in the Village with an hour and a half to spare. All this after he had eaten at Lombardi's hours before.
  • I ran my first marathon today (that is the reason I was in Hartford, CT) Here's a picture from the race:

No comments: