Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 3, Pizza Month 2010 - Papa John's (Valrico, FL)



DAY 3: OCTOBER 3rd, 2010

LOCATION: Papa John's (Valrico, FL)

ORDER: 2 slices of a large baby portobello mushroom, Italian sausage, and Roma tomatoes pizza

GUEST: Kitzi Taylor

REVIEW:



Sugar and spice and everything Football! There is a circle of triangles that will spiral nicely with your elliptical spheroid. The Papa's in the House Free Topping Football special consists of a large pizza with up to three toppings for $10. Add that to your Sunday playbook! Definitely opt for the toppings. Papa John's sports fresh gourmet toppings like baby portobello mushrooms, spicy Italian sausage, and thinly sliced Roma tomatoes to name a few. This deal likely only lasts during football season so rush in and put some pizza in your end zone (stomach) and see what I mean. Since the cheese and crust are average and overly-doughy, respectively, make sure you get some toppings! I know from my days working for Papa John's (I was a "dough-slapper") that the sauce has a bit of sugar which may encourage over-eating and possibly cover up a slightly more acidic tomato sauce so beware.

Considering the quality of toppings, I put Papa John's slightly ahead in the pizza battle for "best franchise". But, in the pizza war for "best pizza," none of the big franchises even come close.

VIDEO CLIP:



RATING:
3.61 out of 5

  • VALUE:
    4/5

  • AMBIENCE:
    2.5/3

  • TASTE:
    6.5/10

  • SERVICE:
    N/A 0/0

13/18 = .722 x 5 = 3.61


MISCELLANEOUS:
1. There was the second pizza meal in three days my mom and I ate in her truck. Nice ambience.
2. Have you seen that commercial where Papa John Shnatter throws the football like...a mile? Man, he's got a cannon.
3. Here I am back when I used to work for this exact Papa John's (I helped open it).

No comments: