Wednesday, October 21, 2009

DAY 12, Pizza Month 2009; Vezzo (Murray Hill)


DAY 12: OCTOBER 12th, 2009

LOCATION:
Vezzo (31st St and Lexington Ave)

ORDER:
2 slices of individual classica with prosciutto, half of individual shroomtown, 1 slice of sausage

GUEST(S):
Tony Carnevale

REVIEW:


Crispy, tasty, tangy, gone! Order a lot more than you think when you visit Vezzo. Do this not only because the flavor combinations will leave you wanting more but because the crust is so microscopically thin. A single individual pie will not likely fill you up. Never fear, there are plenty of other items available on the menu. Just don't count on getting your carbs from the pizza.
I strongly recommend the Shroomtown. In general, I am not a fan of mushrooms as a topping for pizza but this signature pie combines three different types with truffle oil, tomato sauce, and just enough cheese to make for the tastiest mushroom pizza I have eaten since Gruppo (another Thin Crust pizzeria owned by the same family).

Since my guest and I were still pretty hungry after quickly putting our ($9 - $12) individual pies down the hatch, we decided to order a third pie. The Classica with prosciutto which included fresh mozzarella instead of the standard cheese. Even though I would have preferred the cheese to be cooked a little more thouroughly and the prosciutto to have been sliced thinner, it was all but devoured soon after the photo at right was taken.

The pizza at Vezzo tastes great. I really like the cracker thin crust, fresh ingredients, nice ambience, and awesome service. Unfortunately, unless I have an expense account or someone else says, "Let's eat, I'm buying," I won't be back. My stomach wants what my wallet can't afford.




MISC.:

1. The owner of Vezzo owns Gruppo, Posto, and Spunto.

2. Tony's intro in the video cracks me up.

VIDEO CLIP:






RATING:

3.69/5
  • VALUE:
    2.5/5

  • AMBIENCE:
    3/3

  • TASTE:
    7/10

  • SERVICE:
    3/3

15.5/21 = .738 x 5 = 3.69

No comments: