Friday, October 2, 2009

DAY 1, Pizza Month 2009 - Motorino (E. Village)


DAY 1: OCTOBER 1st, 2009

LOCATION: Motorino (12th St. and 1st Ave, NYC)

ORDER: 1 individual Margharita


GUEST(S): Garrett Palm

REVIEW:
Finally an answer to the age old question posed by Night Ranger, "Motorin[o], what's your price for flight?" The answer is about $25 (including tax, tip, and Italian soda). After a day of boutique E. Village cafe hopping or before an infamous LES rock show, Motorino is situated in the heart of all - the very space recently vacated by Una Pizza Napoletana. How does Motorino stack up against its predecessor? A worthy replacement says my tastebuds and wallet. The same imported Italian oven produces similar Naples style taste at a fraction of the cost. To be fair that fraction is 14/24 (7/12 when reduced to lowest terms). As expected with the Napoli way, you will find a thick outter rim of firm-yet-chewy crust surrounding a spanse of savory tomato sauce speckled lightly with fresh mozzarella cheese. Some may argue there isn't enough cheese or that it wasn't "evenly distributed"...I felt it was nearly perfect and, in my experience, enhanced the individuality of the masterfully crafted pie. The underside is just architecturally sound enough to fold and pick up but I recommend using both hands. A single individual pie filled me up but I don't think I could ever get enough of the tomato sauce. I'd love that recipe. Of course, I'd mess it up so maybe I'll just have to keep coming back to Motorino.


MISC.:
1. The video contains my first shower scene.

2. Garrett Palm and I made a ritual of going to Una Pizza Napoletana nearly every pizza month. Now that Motorino, a "worthy replacement" I might add, is in the same location, I felt it necessary to come to Motorino with him.

3. Pizza Month begins again!


VIDEO CLIP:


RATING:
4.67/5
  • VALUE:
    4/5

  • AMBIENCE:
    3/3

  • TASTE:
    9.5/10

  • SERVICE:
    3/3

19.5/21 = .929 x 5 = 4.64

No comments: