Monday, October 6, 2008

DAY 5: OCTOBER 5th, 2008 - Artichoke


DAY 5: OCTOBER 5th, 2008

LOCATION: Artichoke (14th St bet. 1st and 2nd Ave, NYC)

ORDER: 1 slice of Margarita, 1 bite of Artichoke

GUEST(S): Josh Kohler, Matt Shafeek, Zohar Adner

PIZZA REVIEW:
Big Pizza and Big Beer, to go! Artichoke provides just what you need late at night in the East Village so long as you are not looking for a place to sit and you don't mind waiting for it. Seeing as it was Sunday morning, the demand for pizza and beer saved us from any wait at all. There are four (4) pizza options varying from a standard slice to the signature artichoke and spinach slice. The high demand ensures that your slice will be hot and fresh. My Margarita toppings and spices gave my tastebuds quite a workout while the thick crust did the same for my jaw. The Artichoke and Spinach slice is best described as "a creamy spinach dip in a bread bowl." Don't over order. These slices are big and tasty but half way through caloric guilt may set in. Of course, you always drown that guilt with a "Big Gulp Budweiser" and head back into the bar.


MISC.:
1. Josh Kohler is the first person I met through Pizza Month 2008. He does tech at Ars Nova including my upcoming talk show on November 7th as part of the A.N.T. Fest but I didn't know him until he showed up for Pizza Day #5

2. Today was The Spotlight day of Pizza Month. I host the show and Matt Shafeek is my sidekick. Zohar Adner was my most recent guest. See my show features people who have been on television and Zohar was on Cash Cab.

3. I might as well let people know how they can get tickets to my upcoming show since hot shots in the industry will be in attendance and it would be nice to have a supportive audience. You can get 'em here......

4. I met Sal, one of the owners of newly opened Artichoke (March '08), and even talked to him in the video clip.

VIDEO CLIP:


RATING:
3.33 out of 5
  • VALUE:
    3.5/5

  • AMBIENCE:
    1/3

  • TASTE:
    7.5/10

  • SERVICE: N/A 0/0

12/18 = .667 x 5 = 3.33

No comments: