Sunday, October 2, 2005

Day 2, 2005: Papa Gino's (Quincy, MA)


DAY 2: October 2nd
LOCATION: Papa Gino's (Quncy, MASS)
GUEST(S): Nat Rink, Andy Butterworth, Patrick DeLeon
ORDER: 3 slices of cheese

PIZZA REPORT: The chain will do you good. Apparently Papa Gino's is a well known chain in the Northeast but I had never heard of it before. I was pleasantly impressed. My favorite part was care with which each slice was made. The cheese was uniformly distributed, the sauce was well proportioned, and the crust was crispy yet not too firm.
MISC.:
  • All my guests were in the same fraternity (Zeta Psi) in college. Despite being graduated for over 6 years, they still refer to each other by their frat names (and probably always will). Andrew Butterworth's house name was "Flapjack", Patrick Deleon was called "Egon" and Nat Rink was "Gleek, the space monkey".
  • Nat Rink bumped into another one of his frat brothers at a recent wedding where they greeted each other with their signature handshake...their 35 second signature handshake. Also, someone caught it on tape and then I pointed my still camera at the monitor and came up with this hardly visible movie file
  • Patrick Deleon lives with his wife in Vermont. I would say more about him but as evidenced in Day 1 "misc" section, I probably know more about him than I should.
  • I wore the same shirt for the first two days of pizza month. I thought I would get away with it but being so clearly in two photos in the same shirt it's pretty obvious. All I can say is that when you travel to Boston, bring more than one shirt.

No comments: