Friday, October 14, 2005

Day 14, 2005: Two Boots (Midtown, NYC)


DAY 14: October 14th
LOCATION: Two Boots (Food court at Grand Central Terminal, NYC)
GUEST(S): Erik Tanouye, Tony Carnevale
ORDER: 1 slices of Bayou Beast, 1 slice of cheese

PIZZA REPORT: Cajun and cornmeal. That's what set's Two Boots apart from the rest. My favorite part of each slice is the cornmeal crust primarily because of the crunchy consistency it gives the slice. Since the Cajun toppings are optional but the crust always contains cornmeal, I suppose it would make or break your opinion of this pizza. It did the former for me. The "two boots" represent the geographic shapes of the restaurant's influences (Italy and New Orleans are shaped liked boots). My slice of Bayou Beast exemplified the combination of both boots as Cajun toppings (such as anduille, crayfish, and shrimp) were expertly mixed in with the mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. The other slice I ate was just a cheese slice (only one boot represented) but I liked it also.
MISC.:
  • Tony Carnevale and Erik Tanouye are two of a kind yet nothing alike. They both are brilliant writers, quick thinkers, fantastic video editors, hysterically funny, musically gifted, and extremely humble...yet each is completely unique. How is this possible? I don't know. And usually when I don't know something, I either ask Tony or Erik.

No comments: