Sunday, October 26, 2003

Day 26, 2003: Astoria Pizzeria (Astoria, Queens)


DAY 26: October 26th
LOCATION: Astoria Pizzeria (30th Ave. and 32nd St., QUEENS)
GUEST(S): Kevin Hines, Erik Tanouye
ORDER: 1 slice of cheese

PIZZA REPORT: Looks ain't everything. Despite looking pretty old, my slice of cheese was revived when placed in the oven for a mere 2 minutes. In my experience, pizza sitting out on the counter for any length of time tends to result in sauce depletion. I don't know whether this is from evaporation or absorption into the crust but thankfully it did NOT happen at Astoria Pizzeria. Instead the sauce, cheese, and firm crust worked together to create maximum satisfaction. Conventional oven pizza I look forward to eating again.
MISC.:
  • Erik Tanouye, Kevin Hines, and I really cut it close on eating pizza tonight. Just before midnight, we located a place in Queens I hadn't eaten at yet this month. Erik documented the event by snapping this Polaroid...
  • Erik Tanouye is to tv as a drug pusher is to drugs. He's got me hooked on two programs (BBC'sThe Office and HBO's Ali G Show) in two days. What's next?...Felicity?
  • Now that baseball season is over, Kevin Hines was kind enough to explain to me what I missed in the past 7 weeks of NFL action. Apparently, his fantasy team could be doing better.

No comments: