Friday, October 4, 2002

Day 4, 2002: da Vinci's (Bensonhurst, Brooklyn)

DAY 4: October 4th
LOCATION: da Vinci's (18th ave bet. 65th and 66th st, BRKLYN)
GUEST: Eric Del Pozo
ORDER: 3 slices of cheese
PIZZA REPORT: This pizza was a work of art. When I hear "da Vinci" I used think of the Mona Lisa, the Last Supper, a before-its-time design for a heliocopter, and a ninja turtle that leads...but not anymore. From now on, I will only think of delicious pizza when I hear "da Vinci" or anything sounding similar (like when my landlord says 'the windshield'). The secret is in the sauce. Turns out the sauce is imported directly from Italy.
MISC: I must confess, I ate 2 slices of cheese for lunch that I didn't report because I always eat two slices of cheese for lunch on Friday. Before this 'pizza month' began, there was 'pizza day' and the fact they overlap this month is no fault of my own.

No comments: