Saturday, October 19, 2002

Day 19, 2002: Lombardi's (NoLIta, NYC)




DAY 19: October 19th
LOCATION: Lombardi's (Prince St bet. Mott and Lafayette)
GUEST: Mark Lee, Kitzi Taylor
ORDER: 2 slices of red onions and wild mushrooms &1.5 slices of pepperoni and sausage
PIZZA REPORT: Unbelievable! I love Lombardi's pizza. This place breaks the 'unwritten rules' and writes its own. The crust looked a bit overdone and I was afraid the pizzas may have been 'center-loaded' but all was forgiven when I put it in my mouth. The crust was soft and chewy and the toppings were all evenly cooked. I was also concerned to see the red edges around the perimeter of the crust...but this too was completely forgiven when I discovered that somehow this added to the slice's deliciousness. Everything done 'wrong' was done intentionally! Now that I have met with Lombardi's, my entire 'pizza paradigm' must be reevaluated.
MISC.:

  • Lombardi's pizza is the model for all pizzeria's to be judged against...and that is not an exageration. Mark told me (and backed it up with credible research) that Lombardi's was the first United States pizzeria when it opened in NYC in 1905.



  • Mark, Kitzi (my mom), and I all agreed that terrorism is bad and should be stopped, but that obnoxious security guards are not the best way to deal with the current situation.
  • No comments: