DAY 15: OCTOBER 15th, 2022
LOCATION: Federici's Family Restaurant (14 E Main St, Freehold, NJ 07728)
GUEST(S): Robin Rothman, Ange DeManti, Mark Castellano
ORDER: 3 slices of Cheese, 1/2 slice of cheese with Peppers and Onion, 1/2 slice of Olives and Mushroom, 2 slices of Cheese with Sausage
The Boss of pizza. Serving thin-and-crisp "bar pies" for over a century, Federici’s Family Restaurant has established itself as a Freehold, New Jersey pizza institution. It's not just old, it's huge! Between the sidewalk seating, the long line of booths and the private room in the back, Federici’s could feed an army. And when it does, you can bet that army’s morale will be high. A savory tomato sauce, an excellent low moisture mozzarella cheese, and high quality toppings are layered generously making these cracker thin pizzas surprisingly filling. Consistent with the bar pie style, expect a glimmer of grease and butter likely reflecting the happy mouth of someone about to take bite. I recommend bringing a friend, a family, or a football team and ordering a large pie for every two people. Bring cash or be prepared to use the ATM at this cash-only establishment. You might be 100 years late, but there's always a pizza party at Federici's!
1. Maddy Mako made this pizza day possible. It was all her suggestion. Not only did she recommend Federici's, the pizzeria of her youth, but she also suggested after we pizza we go to Jersey Freeze, her favorite ice cream parlor. We were gonna go apple-picking but the orchard closed at 4pm
2. Mark Castellano knows an awful lot about strawberries. I learned that they were originally from France, much smaller and known for their fragrance. Romans use strawberries as an expression of love.
3. Ange DeManti knows just as much about apples. Apparently (or apple-rently) you can make different apple hybrids on the same tree! She also wore a shirt she specifically got to wear during Pizza Month.
4. Robin Rothman reminded me of the time we almost got shot at when our GPS put us on the wrong road in rural North Carolina.
5. I should have known something was off today when I lost my streak on Wordle.
Guy who broke-in to the Magnet on 10/15/22
6. My business, the Magnet Theater got broken into earlier today. Fortunately, no one was there when the break-in occurred and the only things that were stolen were replaceable but it put a damper on the otherwise fun roadtrip.
19.5/18 = .929 x 5 = 4.64
Post a Comment