SLICEY AWARD WINNERS...
Best Slice.... NY PIZZA SUPREMA
Best Pie.... Sausage at JOHN'S BLEECKER ST.
Best New Discovery.... Baked Potato pie at PETE ZAAZ
Here are some Pizza Month milestones that occurred during October 2012...
1. Had French Pizza for the first time
2. Experienced a Frankenstorm (Hurricane Sandy)
3. Ate pizza in Tennessee
4. Attended my first BYOT (Bring Your Own Topping) pizza party
5. Saw a guy toss dough that was on fire at Slice Out Hunger
7. Actually enjoyed a slice of pizza that was potentially healthy
8. Made my first trip to Red Bank, NJ
9. I instagram'd every day....
There is definitely a delicious new trend of wood-fired brick oven Neapolitan style pizzerias popping up all over Brooklyn. I had the privilege of dining at Barboncino, Dellarocco's, and Sottocasa and look forward to returning to each of them.
I also can't wait for Pizza Month 2013!